This blog contains 1000 posts. Posting (in Blogger) has become unwieldy.
Your blogista has ceased adding new posts. My still-active links are here.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Shindig coming up

Tightening new fence.

I'm getting over a cold that I've had for a week, my first in about eight years. Too much is going on to keep track of. Fortunately, it's all good!

The Oregon Senate has passed HB 2007, the domestic partnerships bill. Senator Vicki Waker, bless her heart, preached a stirring sermon on neighborliness re human rights, and, not for the first time, she's earned a special place in my heart.

The U.S. House of Representatives has passed important hate crimes legislation in the face of a constant barrage of lies from the far right. It doesn't make me equal to anyone, just improves my chances of local police taking any crimes against me seriously.

Daughter is moving in with us for the summer, in preparation for her move to the Big City in August. She's planning some kind of shindig for me for my birthday and Mother's Day. Awww...

Barred Rock babies

Beloved has got another batch of chicks, Araucanas this time. That's 20 chickens, and ducks and geese are, I'm told, on the way. We did finish the chicken pen, with its poultry netting roof, and the sheep fence. She's watching out for two lambs, preferably of a small breed. To get to the barn, now, you have to get through the old gate, which has been put back into service. We found the gate back when we got the place, buried deep in the himalaya berry vines, bent and rusted. It's still bent and rusted (underneath a new coat of green paint), but it swings, opens and shuts. We can't really ask for much more than that, even from a new one.

risa b

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails