This blog contains 1000 posts. Posting (in Blogger) has become unwieldy.
Your blogista has ceased adding new posts. My still-active links are here.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The real test for our house ...

Wow, intensity. Looked at Weather Underground and found:

Currently
Partly Cloudy
103.9 °F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 23%
Wind: 4.0 mph from the NE
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Dew Point: 59 °F
Precipitation: 0% Chance of Rain
Air quality: Good
Pressure: 24.44 in
UV: 7
Observed at: Wallace Creek, Springfield, OR
Updated: 4:41 PM PDT on July 28, 2009
Wallace Creek's station is the nearest to our house -- it's in the shade, and it's in a draw, and is often ten degrees cooler than the average for all the other stations in our metropolitan area. The airport station gets a little higher than ambient sometimes -- at least I hope it does, because the reading, if I read it right for that one, says 108F. I'm thinking, if I don't keel over on the way home, I'll be farming by moonlight.

:::

Update: 106 in Eugene today (Wed.), 102 here -- house was 68 at 5:30 pm, which after three days of triple digits, is pretty decent. Considering. It's 77 in here now; 87 outside, yet inside feels much hotter. I'd find this interesting but my brains have turned into a bubbling bowl of bleh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails