Sun-curing the onionsFor Independence Days,
1. Plant something - nada
2. Harvest something - tomatoes, cucumbers, apple, blackberries, yellow zucchini, green zucchini, turnips, turnip greens, peas, chard, lettuce, potatoes, dandelions, onions, leeks, garlic, strawberries, chicken eggs, duck eggs.
3. Preserve something - froze rhubarb, green beans and runner beans, dried and stored fava beans, dried and bagged zucchini chips, allium blossoms, and medicinal comfrey.
4. Reduce waste - accepted compost and spare zukes from townies. Gave the spare zukes to the poultry.
5. Preparation and Storage - see under dried and froze, above. Preparing to clean and paint the porch/deck area.
6. Build Community Food Systems - selling duck eggs, giving away veggies.
7. Eat the Food - from frozen: plum sauce, applesauce, chicken. From the land: Apple! duck and chicken eggs, bok choi, turnips, turnip greens, potatoes, zucchini, elephant garlic, blackberries, onions, peas, green beans, runner beans, strawberries, mint, basil, chives, cucumbers, cabbage, cauliflower. From storage: wheat, oats, rye, buckwheat.