Monday, September 28, 2009

HAH!!!!!

The Week In Review: planted nada. I was mostly in Florida visiting my mom and dad; I suppose I could have planted an orange tree, but I've missed that chance yet again.

Harvested grapes, sweet corn, tomatoes, eggplant, cucumbers, kale, yellow zucchini, beets, green zucchini, chard, bell peppers, chicken eggs, duck eggs.

Canned tomato puree.

Converting garden waste into chicken, duck, and goose smiles.

Sold chicken eggs and gave away yet more veggies.

100 foot diet: from frozen: chicken broth and blackberries and nuts. From home canned: blackberry jam. From the land: apples, duck and chicken eggs, turnip greens, zucchini, elephant garlic, onions, basil, chives, cucumbers, eggplant. 100 mile diet: wheat, oats, rye, spelt. 1000+ mile diet: you should just try eating sustainably by flying 6000 miles round trip and hanging out in in my folk's sausage-and-bacon-and-canned-biscuits kitchen! HAH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stony Run Farm: Life on One Acre