This blog contains 1000 posts. Posting (in Blogger) has become unwieldy.
Your blogista has ceased adding new posts. My still-active links are here.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Starvation Ridge

It's not that I don't have enough to do, but some of the thoughts I've been hoping to share haven't found a venue, either here, or over at The Red Mullet. If, dear readers, you insist on hanging out in the warped mind of a housewife whose son has dragged her to too many apocalyptic movies (well, I have to blame somebody. Umm, don't I?), there's a new blog in town, Starvation Ridge. Do have a peek and let me know what you think.

Karen, a fourteen-year old girl in the year 2048, escapes from an attack on the only home she's known, and takes on a world for which she's been trained all her life but of which she has, till now, seen little. The winters aren't what they used to be, and neither are the summers; it's all a wilderness now and changing fast. She knows she can't survive on her own indefinitely. What are her choices and how will she handle them?

Thanks are due to the author of a series of novels in blog post format, American Apocalypse, vivid in its depictions of a post-collapse social order reminiscent of the films of Sergio Leone. Starvation Ridge occupies a slightly different niche seen from a different viewpoint; hopefully both will engender useful discussion.


Walking across America is not a good idea in the best of times. These weren't the best of times. Some might have said the worst was past us. I didn't think so. I thought I had some idea about how big this country was. I was wrong. America is freaking huge and right now it was also hot in Ohio. -- "nova," American Apocalypse

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails