Saturday, April 08, 2023

Time and a poem

Poem and 27-post Mastodon thread about the setting of the poem. 

https://mastodon.world/@shonin/109381849027783564

In 2012, my dad said, "You put me wherever you put your momma!" We lost them both in that year; she was 84, he was 95.

The postal service misplaced my dad for a few days; we were rather frantic about it. Our postmistress handed him over with an apology in her one-room post office about five days after they'd mislaid him at the distribution center. It was a near thing.

I asked The Cowboy to help me pick the spot. We went on a long autumn day hike. 4/27

 Shonin's friend on the trail. Oregon cascades, fall 2012. View includes huckleberries, Douglas fir, mountain hemlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stony Run Farm: Life on One Acre